- 1. domestic, domestic help, house servant, servant, retainer
- usage: a servant who is paid to perform menial tasks around the household
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. domestic (vs. foreign), home(prenominal), interior(prenominal), internal, national, municipal, national
- usage: of concern to or concerning the internal affairs of a nation; "domestic issues such as tax rate and highway construction"
- 2. domestic
- usage: of or relating to the home; "domestic servant"; "domestic science"
- 3. domestic (vs. undomestic), domesticated, home-loving, home-style, housewifely, husbandly
- usage: of or involving the home or family; "domestic worries"; "domestic happiness"; "they share the domestic chores"; "everything sounded very peaceful and domestic"; "an author of blood-and-thunder novels yet quite domestic in his taste"
- 4. domestic, domesticated, tame (vs. wild), tamed
- usage: converted or adapted to domestic use; "domestic animals"; "domesticated plants like maize"
- 5. domestic, native (vs. foreign)
- usage: produced in a particular country; "domestic wine"; "domestic oil"
All rights reserved.
See also: domestic (Dictionary)