WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. domesticate, cultivate, naturalize, naturalise, tame, adapt, accommodate
- usage: adapt (a wild plant or unclaimed land) to the environment; "domesticate oats"; "tame the soil"
- 2. domesticate, domesticize, domesticise, reclaim, tame, change, alter, modify
- usage: overcome the wildness of; make docile and tractable; "He tames lions for the circus"; "reclaim falcons"
- 3. domesticate, tame, adapt, accommodate
- usage: make fit for cultivation, domestic life, and service to humans; "The horse was domesticated a long time ago"; "The wolf was tamed and evolved into the house dog"
All rights reserved.
See also: domesticate (Dictionary)