Synonyms of dominance
- 1. laterality, dominance, bodily property
- usage: superior development of one side of the body
- 2. dominance, ascendance, ascendence, ascendancy, ascendency, control, condition, status
- usage: the state that exists when one person or group has power over another; "her apparent dominance of her husband was really her attempt to make him pay attention to her"
- 3. dominance, organic phenomenon
- usage: the organic phenomenon in which one of a pair of alleles present in a genotype is expressed in the phenotype and the other allele of the pair is not
- 4. authority, authorization, authorisation, potency, dominance, say-so, control
- usage: the power or right to give orders or make decisions; "he has the authority to issue warrants"; "deputies are given authorization to make arrests"; "a place of potency in the state"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of dominance (Dictionary)