Synonyms of don
- 1. Don, gentleman
- usage: a Spanish gentleman or nobleman
- 2. preceptor, don, teacher, instructor
- usage: teacher at a university or college (especially at Cambridge or Oxford)
- 3. don, father, head, chief, top dog
- usage: the head of an organized crime family
- 4. Don
- usage: Celtic goddess; mother of Gwydion and Arianrhod; corresponds to Irish Danu
- 5. Don, Don River
- usage: a European river in southwestern Russia; flows into the Sea of Azov
- 6. Don, title, title of respect, form of address
- usage: a Spanish courtesy title or form of address for men that is prefixed to the forename; "Don Roberto"
- 1. wear, put on, get into, don, assume, dress, get dressed
- usage: put clothing on one's body; "What should I wear today?"; "He put on his best suit for the wedding"; "The princess donned a long blue dress"; "The queen assumed the stately robes"; "He got into his jeans"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of don (Dictionary)