- 1. dose, dosage, medicine, medication, medicament, medicinal drug
- usage: a measured portion of medicine taken at any one time
- 2. dose, dosage, indefinite quantity
- usage: the quantity of an active agent (substance or radiation) taken in or absorbed at any one time
- 3. venereal disease, VD, venereal infection, social disease, Cupid's itch, Cupid's disease, Venus's curse, dose, sexually transmitted disease, STD, contagious disease, contagion
- usage: a communicable infection transmitted by sexual intercourse or genital contact
- 4. acid, back breaker, battery-acid, dose, dot, Elvis, loony toons, Lucy in the sky with diamonds, pane, superman, window pane, Zen, lysergic acid diethylamide, LSD
- usage: street name for lysergic acid diethylamide
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. dose, process, treat
- usage: treat with an agent; add (an agent) to; "The ray dosed the paint"
- 2. drug, dose, medicate, medicine
- usage: administer a drug to; "They drugged the kidnapped tourist"
All rights reserved.
See also: dose (Dictionary)