Synonyms of dread
- 1. apprehension, apprehensiveness, dread, fear, fearfulness, fright
- usage: fearful expectation or anticipation; "the student looked around the examination room with apprehension"
- 1. fear, dread
- usage: be afraid or scared of; be frightened of; "I fear the winters in Moscow"; "We should not fear the Communists!"
- 1. awful, dire, direful, dread(prenominal), dreaded, dreadful, fearful, fearsome, frightening, horrendous, horrific, terrible, alarming (vs. unalarming)
- usage: causing fear or dread or terror; "the awful war"; "an awful risk"; "dire news"; "a career or vengeance so direful that London was shocked"; "the dread presence of the headmaster"; "polio is no longer the dreaded disease it once was"; "a dreadful storm"; "a fearful howling"; "horrendous explosions shook the city"; "a terrible curse"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of dread (Dictionary)