Synonyms of drill
- 1. drill, tool
- usage: a tool with a sharp point and cutting edges for making holes in hard materials (usually rotating rapidly or by repeated blows)
- 2. drill, Mandrillus leucophaeus, baboon
- usage: similar to the mandrill but smaller and less brightly colored
- 3. exercise, practice, drill, practice session, recitation, training, preparation, grooming
- usage: systematic training by multiple repetitions; "practice makes perfect"
- 4. drill, training, preparation, grooming
- usage: (military) the training of soldiers to march (as in ceremonial parades) or to perform the manual of arms
- 1. bore, drill, cut
- usage: make a hole, especially with a pointed power or hand tool; "don't drill here, there's a gas pipe"; "drill a hole into the wall"; "drill for oil"; "carpenter bees are boring holes into the wall"
- 2. drill, train, develop, prepare, educate
- usage: train in the military, e.g., in the use of weapons
- 3. drill, exercise, practice, practise, learn, study, read, take
- usage: learn by repetition; "We drilled French verbs every day"; "Pianists practice scales"
- 4. drill, teach, learn, instruct
- usage: teach by repetition
- 5. drill, train, prepare
- usage: undergo military training or do military exercises
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of drill (Dictionary)