- 1. drone, bee
- usage: stingless male bee in a colony of social bees (especially honeybees) whose sole function is to mate with the queen
- 2. monotone, drone, droning, intonation, modulation, pitch contour
- usage: an unchanging intonation
- 3. dawdler, drone, laggard, lagger, trailer, poke, idler, loafer, do-nothing, layabout, bum
- usage: someone who takes more time than necessary; someone who lags behind
- 4. drone, pilotless aircraft, radio-controlled aircraft, heavier-than-air craft
- usage: an aircraft without a pilot that is operated by remote control
- 5. drone, drone pipe, bourdon, pipe
- usage: a pipe of the bagpipe that is tuned to produce a single continuous tone
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. drone, sound, go
- usage: make a monotonous low dull sound; "The harmonium was droning on"
- 2. drone, drone on, talk, speak, utter, mouth, verbalize, verbalise
- usage: talk in a monotonous voice
All rights reserved.
See also: drone (Dictionary)