Synonyms of drunk
- 1. drunkard, drunk, rummy, sot, inebriate, wino, drinker, imbiber, toper, juicer
- usage: a chronic drinker
- 2. drunk, drinker, imbiber, toper, juicer
- usage: someone who is intoxicated
- 1. drink, imbibe, consume, ingest, take in, take, have
- usage: take in liquids; "The patient must drink several liters each day"; "The children like to drink soda"
- 2. drink, booze, fuddle, consume, ingest, take in, take, have
- usage: consume alcohol; "We were up drinking all night"
- 3. toast, drink, pledge, salute, wassail, honor, honour, reward
- usage: propose a toast to; "Let us toast the birthday girl!"; "Let's drink to the New Year"
- 4. drink in, drink, steep, immerse, engulf, plunge, engross, absorb, soak up
- usage: be fascinated or spell-bound by; pay close attention to; "The mother drinks in every word of her son on the stage"
- 5. drink, tope, use, habituate
- usage: drink excessive amounts of alcohol; be an alcoholic; "The husband drinks and beats his wife"
- 1. intoxicated (vs. sober), drunk, inebriated, bacchanalian, bacchanal, bacchic, carousing, orgiastic, beery, besotted, blind drunk, blotto, crocked, cockeyed, fuddled, loaded, pie-eyed, pissed, pixilated, plastered, slopped, sloshed, smashed, soaked, soused, sozzled, squiffy, stiff, tight, wet, potty, tiddly, tipsy, bibulous, boozy, drunken, sottish, doped, drugged, narcotized, narcotised, half-seas-over, high, mellow, hopped-up, stoned
- usage: stupefied or excited by a chemical substance (especially alcohol); "a noisy crowd of intoxicated sailors"; "helplessly inebriated"
- 2. intoxicated, drunk, excited (vs. unexcited)
- usage: as if under the influence of alcohol; "felt intoxicated by her success"; "drunk with excitement"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of drunk (Dictionary)