Synonyms of dryer
- 1. dryer, drier, appliance
- usage: an appliance that removes moisture
- 1. dry (vs. wet), adust, baked, parched, scorched, sunbaked, air-dried, air-dry, arid, waterless, bone-dry(prenominal), bone dry(predicate), desiccated, dried-out, dried, dried-up, dried-up, sere, sear, shriveled, shrivelled, withered, dry-shod, kiln-dried, rainless, semiarid, semi-dry, thirsty
- usage: free from liquid or moisture; lacking natural or normal moisture or depleted of water; or no longer wet; "dry land"; "dry clothes"; "a dry climate"; "dry splintery boards"; "a dry river bed"; "the paint is dry"
- 2. dry, ironic, ironical, wry, humorous (vs. humorless), humourous
- usage: humorously sarcastic or mocking; "dry humor"; "an ironic remark often conveys an intended meaning obliquely"; "an ironic novel"; "an ironical smile"; "with a wry Scottish wit"
- 3. dry (vs. wet)
- usage: lacking moisture or volatile components; "dry paint"
- 4. dry (vs. wet)
- usage: opposed to or prohibiting the production and sale of alcoholic beverages; "the dry vote led by preachers and bootleggers"; "a dry state"
- 5. dry (vs. wet), milkless
- usage: not producing milk; "a dry cow"
- 6. dry (vs. sweet), brut, medium-dry, sec, unsweet, sour, sugarless#1, nonsweet
- usage: (of liquor) having a low residual sugar content because of decomposition of sugar during fermentation; "a dry white burgundy"; "a dry Bordeaux"
- 7. dry (vs. phlegmy)
- usage: without a mucous or watery discharge; "a dry cough"; "that rare thing in the wintertime; a small child with a dry nose"
- 8. dry, tearless (vs. tearful), dry-eyed
- usage: not shedding tears; "dry sobs"; "with dry eyes"
- 9. dry, juiceless, unstimulating (vs. stimulating), unexciting
- usage: lacking interest or stimulation; dull and lifeless; "a dry book"; "a dry lecture filled with trivial details"; "dull and juiceless as only book knowledge can be when it is unrelated to...life"- John Mason Brown
- 10. dry, solid (vs. liquid) (vs. gaseous)
- usage: used of solid substances in contrast with liquid ones; "dry weight"
- 11. dry, unproductive (vs. productive)
- usage: unproductive especially of the expected results; "a dry run"; "a mind dry of new ideas"
- 12. dry, plain (vs. fancy)
- usage: having no adornment or coloration; "dry facts"; "rattled off the facts in a dry mechanical manner"
- 13. dry, plain (vs. fancy)
- usage: (of food) eaten without a spread or sauce or other garnish; "dry toast"; "dry meat"
- 14. dry, alcoholic (vs. nonalcoholic)
- usage: having a large proportion of strong liquor; "a very dry martini is almost straight gin"
- 15. dry, unemotional (vs. emotional)
- usage: lacking warmth or emotional involvement; "a dry greeting"; "a dry reading of the lines"; "a dry critique"
- 16. dry, teetotal, sober (vs. intoxicated)
- usage: practicing complete abstinence from alcoholic beverages; "he's been dry for ten years"; "no thank you; I happen to be teetotal"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of dryer (Dictionary)