Synonyms of dud
- 1. flop, dud, washout, failure, loser, nonstarter, unsuccessful person
- usage: someone who is unsuccessful
- 2. misfire, dud, breakdown, equipment failure
- usage: an explosion that fails to occur
- 3. turkey, bomb, dud, flop, bust, fizzle
- usage: an event that fails badly or is totally ineffectual; "the first experiment was a real turkey"; "the meeting was a dud as far as new business was concerned"
- 1. dud, unloaded (vs. loaded)
- usage: failing to detonate; especially not charged with an active explosive; "he stepped on a dud mine"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of dud (Dictionary)