Synonyms of due
- 1. due, right
- usage: that which is deserved or owed; "give the devil his due"
- 2. due, fixed charge, fixed cost, fixed costs
- usage: a payment that is due (e.g., as the price of membership); "the society dropped him for non-payment of dues"
- 1. due (vs. undue), callable, collect, cod, collectible, collectable, payable, delinquent, overdue, receivable, out-of-pocket, repayable
- usage: owed and payable immediately or on demand; "payment is due"
- 2. due(predicate), expected (vs. unexpected)
- usage: scheduled to arrive; "the train is due in 15 minutes"
- 3. due (vs. undue)
- usage: suitable to or expected in the circumstances; "all due respect"; "due cause to honor them"; "a long due promotion"; "in due course"; "due esteem"; "exercising due care"
- 4. ascribable, due, imputable, referable, attributable (vs. unattributable)
- usage: capable of being assigned or credited to; "punctuation errors ascribable to careless proofreading"; "the cancellation of the concert was due to the rain"; "the oversight was not imputable to him"
- 1. due
- usage: directly or exactly; straight; "went due North"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of due (Dictionary)