- 1. shit, dump, defecation, laxation, shitting
- usage: a coarse term for defecation; "he took a shit"
- 2. dump, garbage dump, trash dump, rubbish dump, wasteyard, waste-yard, dumpsite, site, land site
- usage: a piece of land where waste materials are dumped
- 3. dump, copy, written matter
- usage: (computer science) a copy of the contents of a computer storage device; sometimes used in debugging programs
- 4. dump, storehouse, depot, entrepot, storage, store
- usage: a place where supplies can be stored; "an ammunition dump"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. dump, discard, fling, toss, toss out, toss away, chuck out, cast aside, dispose, throw out, cast out, throw away, cast away, put away
- usage: throw away as refuse; "No dumping in these woods!"
- 2. dump, ditch, get rid of, remove
- usage: sever all ties with, usually unceremoniously or irresponsibly; "The company dumped him after many years of service"; "She dumped her boyfriend when she fell in love with a rich man"
- 3. dump, underprice, sell
- usage: sell at artificially low prices
- 4. dump, drop
- usage: drop (stuff) in a heap or mass; "The truck dumped the garbage in the street"
- 5. plunge, dump, drop
- usage: fall abruptly; "It plunged to the bottom of the well"
- 6. deck, coldcock, dump, knock down, floor, beat
- usage: knock down with force; "He decked his opponent"
All rights reserved.
See also: dump (Dictionary)