- 1. dwarf, midget, nanus, small person
- usage: a person who is markedly small
- 2. gnome, dwarf, fairy, faery, faerie, fay, sprite
- usage: a legendary creature resembling a tiny old man; lives in the depths of the earth and guards buried treasure
- 3. dwarf, organism, being
- usage: a plant or animal that is atypically small
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. shadow, overshadow, dwarf, dominate, command, overlook, overtop
- usage: make appear small by comparison; "This year's debt dwarfs that of last year"
- 2. dwarf, stunt
- usage: check the growth of; "the lack of sunlight dwarfed these pines"
All rights reserved.
See also: dwarf (Dictionary)