- 1. earnest, security, surety
- usage: something of value given by one person to another to bind a contract
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. earnest, sincere, solemn, serious (vs. frivolous)
- usage: characterized by a firm and humorless belief in the validity of your opinions; "both sides were deeply in earnest, even passionate"; "an entirely sincere and cruel tyrant"; "a film with a solemn social message"
- 2. dear, devout, earnest, heartfelt, sincere (vs. insincere)
- usage: earnest; "one's dearest wish"; "devout wishes for their success"; "heartfelt condolences"
- 3. businesslike, earnest, purposeful (vs. purposeless)
- usage: not distracted by anything unrelated to the goal
All rights reserved.
See also: earnest (Dictionary)