Synonyms of edged
- 1. edge, inch, advance, progress, pass on, move on, march on, go on
- usage: advance slowly, as if by inches; "He edged towards the car"
- 2. border, edge, supply, provide, render, furnish
- usage: provide with a border or edge; "edge the tablecloth with embroidery"
- 3. border, adjoin, edge, abut, march, butt, butt against, butt on, touch, adjoin, meet, contact
- usage: lie adjacent to another or share a boundary; "Canada adjoins the U.S."; "England marches with Scotland"
- 4. edge, sharpen
- usage: provide with an edge; "edge a blade"
- 1. edged, bordered (vs. unbordered)
- usage: having a specified kind of border or edge; "a black-edged card"; "rough-edged leaves"; "dried sweat left salt-edged patches"
- 2. cutting, edged, stinging, unkind (vs. kind)
- usage: (of speech) harsh or hurtful in tone or character; "cutting remarks"; "edged satire"; "a stinging comment"
- 3. edged, sharp (vs. dull)
- usage: having a cutting edge or especially an edge or edges as specified; often used in combination; "an edged knife"; "a two-edged sword"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of edged (Dictionary)