Synonyms of egg
- 1. egg, ovum, egg cell
- usage: animal reproductive body consisting of an ovum or embryo together with nutritive and protective envelopes; especially the thin-shelled reproductive body laid by e.g. female birds
- 2. egg, eggs, foodstuff, food product
- usage: oval reproductive body of a fowl (especially a hen) used as food
- 3. testis, testicle, orchis, ball, ballock, bollock, nut, egg, male reproductive gland, gonad, sex gland
- usage: one of the two male reproductive glands that produce spermatozoa and secrete androgens; "she kicked him in the balls and got away"
- 1. egg, pelt, bombard
- usage: throw eggs at
- 2. egg, coat, surface
- usage: coat with beaten egg; "egg a schnitzel"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of egg (Dictionary)