Synonyms of elaborate
- 1. elaborate, lucubrate, expatiate, exposit, enlarge, flesh out, expand, expound, dilate, clarify, clear up, elucidate
- usage: add details, as to an account or idea; clarify the meaning of and discourse in a learned way, usually in writing; "She elaborated on the main ideas in her dissertation"
- 2. elaborate, produce, make, create
- usage: produce from basic elements or sources; change into a more developed product; "The bee elaborates honey"
- 3. complicate, refine, rarify, elaborate, change, alter, modify
- usage: make more complex, intricate, or richer; "refine a design or pattern"
- 4. elaborate, work out, develop, make grow
- usage: work out in detail; "elaborate a plan"
- 1. elaborate, luxuriant, fancy (vs. plain)
- usage: marked by complexity and richness of detail; "an elaborate lace pattern"
- 2. detailed, elaborate, elaborated, careful (vs. careless)
- usage: developed or executed with care and in minute detail; "a detailed plan"; "the elaborate register of the inhabitants prevented tax evasion"- John Buchan; "the carefully elaborated theme"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of elaborate (Dictionary)