WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. elegant (vs. inelegant), dandified, dandyish, foppish, deluxe, de luxe, luxe, fine, high-class, high-toned, exquisite, recherche, neat, refined, tasteful, ritzy, soigne, soignee, dignified, graceful, refined, sophisticated, tasteful
- usage: refined and tasteful in appearance or behavior or style; "elegant handwriting"; "an elegant dark suit"; "she was elegant to her fingertips"; "small churches with elegant white spires"; "an elegant mathematical solution--simple and precise and lucid"
- 2. elegant, graceful, refined, gracious (vs. ungracious)
- usage: suggesting taste, ease, and wealth
- 3. elegant, graceful (vs. awkward)
- usage: displaying effortless beauty and simplicity in movement or execution; "an elegant dancer"; "an elegant mathematical solution -- simple and precise"
All rights reserved.
See also: elegant (Dictionary)