- 1. elevated railway, elevated railroad, elevated, el, overhead railway, railway, railroad, railroad line, railway line, railway system
- usage: a railway that is powered by electricity and that runs on a track that is raised above the street level
- 1. promote, upgrade, advance, kick upstairs, raise, elevate, delegate, designate, depute, assign
- usage: give a promotion to or assign to a higher position; "John was kicked upstairs when a replacement was hired"; "Women tend not to advance in the major law firms"; "I got promoted after many years of hard work"
- 2. raise, lift, elevate, get up, bring up, move, displace
- usage: raise from a lower to a higher position; "Raise your hands"; "Lift a load"
- 3. lift, raise, elevate, change, alter, modify
- usage: raise in rank or condition; "The new law lifted many people from poverty"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. elevated, raised (vs. lowered)
- usage: raised above the ground; "an elevated platform"
- 2. exalted, elevated, sublime, grand, high-flown, high-minded, lofty, rarefied, rarified, idealistic, noble-minded, noble (vs. ignoble)
- usage: of high moral or intellectual value; elevated in nature or style; "an exalted ideal"; "argue in terms of high-flown ideals"- Oliver Franks; "a noble and lofty concept"; "a grand purpose"
- 3. raised(prenominal), elevated, increased (vs. decreased)
- usage: increased in amount or degree; "raised temperature"
All rights reserved.
See also: elevated (Dictionary)