Synonyms of eliminate
- 1. extinguish, eliminate, get rid of, do away with, destroy, destruct
- usage: terminate, end, or take out; "Let's eliminate the course on Akkadian hieroglyphics"; "Socialism extinguished these archaic customs"; "eliminate my debts"
- 2. obviate, rid of, eliminate
- usage: do away with
- 3. eliminate, annihilate, extinguish, eradicate, wipe out, decimate, carry off, kill
- usage: kill in large numbers; "the plague wiped out an entire population"
- 4. rule out, eliminate, winnow out, reject
- usage: dismiss from consideration or a contest; "John was ruled out as a possible suspect because he had a strong alibi"; "This possibility can be eliminated from our consideration"
- 5. excrete, egest, eliminate, pass, exhaust, discharge, expel, eject, release
- usage: eliminate from the body; "Pass a kidney stone"
- 6. eliminate, beat, beat out, crush, shell, trounce, vanquish
- usage: remove from a contest or race; "The cyclist has eliminated all the competitors in the race"
- 7. eliminate, remove, take, take away, withdraw
- usage: remove (an unknown variable) from two or more equations
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of eliminate (Dictionary)