Synonyms of elliptic
- 1. elliptic, simple (vs. compound), unsubdivided
- usage: (of a leaf shape) in the form of an ellipse
- 2. egg-shaped, elliptic, elliptical, oval, oval-shaped, ovate, oviform, ovoid, prolate, rounded (vs. angular)
- usage: rounded like an egg
- 3. elliptic, elliptical, concise (vs. prolix)
- usage: characterized by extreme economy of expression or omission of superfluous elements; "the dialogue is elliptic and full of dark hints"; "the explanation was concise, even elliptical to the verge of obscurity"- H.O.Taylor
All rights reserved.