WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. elusive, unidentifiable (vs. identifiable)
- usage: difficult to describe; "a haunting elusive odor"
- 2. elusive, artful (vs. artless)
- usage: skillful at eluding capture; "a cabal of conspirators, each more elusive than the archterrorist"- David Kline
- 3. elusive, subtle, impalpable (vs. palpable)
- usage: difficult to detect or grasp by the mind or analyze; "his whole attitude had undergone a subtle change"; "a subtle difference"; "that elusive thing the soul"
- 4. baffling, elusive, knotty, problematic, problematical, tough, difficult (vs. easy), hard
- usage: making great mental demands; hard to comprehend or solve or believe; "a baffling problem"; "I faced the knotty problem of what to have for breakfast"; "a problematic situation at home"
All rights reserved.
See also: elusive (Dictionary)