- 1. waste, emaciate, macerate, enfeeble, debilitate, drain
- usage: cause to grow thin or weak; "The treatment emaciated him"
- 2. emaciate, change state, turn
- usage: grow weak and thin or waste away physically; "She emaciated during the chemotherapy"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bony, cadaverous, emaciated, gaunt, haggard, pinched, skeletal, wasted, thin (vs. fat), lean
- usage: very thin especially from disease or hunger or cold; "emaciated bony hands"; "a nightmare population of gaunt men and skeletal boys"; "eyes were haggard and cavernous"; "small pinched faces"; "kept life in his wasted frame only by grim concentration"
All rights reserved.
See also: emaciated (Dictionary)