Synonyms of embarrassed
- 1. embarrass, abash, upset, discompose, untune, disconcert, discomfit
- usage: cause to be embarrassed; cause to feel self-conscious
- 2. obstruct, blockade, block, hinder, stymie, stymy, embarrass, prevent, forestall, foreclose, preclude, forbid
- usage: hinder or prevent the progress or accomplishment of; "His brother blocked him at every turn"
- 1. abashed, chagrined, embarrassed, discomposed (vs. composed)
- usage: feeling or caused to feel uneasy and self-conscious; "felt abashed at the extravagant praise"; "chagrined at the poor sales of his book"; "was embarrassed by her child's tantrums"
- 2. embarrassed, humiliated, mortified, ashamed(predicate) (vs. unashamed)
- usage: made to feel uncomfortable because of shame or wounded pride; "too embarrassed to say hello to his drunken father on the street"; "humiliated that his wife had to go out to work"; "felt mortified by the comparison with her sister"
All rights reserved.