WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. emphatic, emphasized, emphasised, stressed (vs. unstressed), accented
- usage: spoken with emphasis; "an emphatic word"
- 2. emphatic, exclamatory, forceful (vs. forceless)
- usage: sudden and strong; "an emphatic no"
- 3. emphatic, forceful, assertive (vs. unassertive), self-asserting, self-assertive
- usage: forceful and definite in expression or action; "the document contained a particularly emphatic guarantee of religious liberty"
All rights reserved.
See also: emphatic (Dictionary)