Synonyms of endemic
- 1. endemic, endemic disease, disease
- usage: a disease that is constantly present to a greater or lesser degree in people of a certain class or in people living in a particular location
- 2. endemic, plant, flora, plant life
- usage: a plant that is native to a certain limited area; "it is an endemic found only this island"
- 1. endemic (vs. epidemic) (vs. ecdemic), endemical, enzootic
- usage: of or relating to a disease (or anything resembling a disease) constantly present to greater or lesser extent in a particular locality; "diseases endemic to the tropics"; "endemic malaria"; "food shortages and starvation are endemic in certain parts of the world"
- 2. endemic (vs. cosmopolitan)
- usage: native to or confined to a certain region; "the islands have a number of interesting endemic species"
- 3. autochthonal, autochthonic, autochthonous, endemic, indigenous, native (vs. foreign)
- usage: originating where it is found; "the autochthonal fauna of Australia includes the kangaroo"; "autochthonous rocks and people and folktales"; "endemic folkways"; "the Ainu are indigenous to the northernmost islands of Japan"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of endemic (Dictionary)