Synonyms of engaging
- 1. prosecute, engage, pursue, act, move
- usage: carry out or participate in an activity; be involved in; "She pursued many activities"; "They engaged in a discussion"
- 2. absorb, engross, engage, occupy, interest
- usage: consume all of one's attention or time; "Her interest in butterflies absorbs her completely"
- 3. hire, engage, employ
- usage: engage or hire for work; "They hired two new secretaries in the department"; "How many people has she employed?"
- 4. engage, hire, engage, employ
- usage: ask to represent; of legal counsel; "I'm retaining a lawyer"
- 5. betroth, engage, affiance, plight, vow
- usage: give to in marriage
- 6. engage, touch
- usage: get caught; "make sure the gear is engaged"
- 7. engage, wage, contend, fight, struggle
- usage: carry on (wars, battles, or campaigns); "Napoleon and Hitler waged war against all of Europe"
- 8. engage, enlist, procure, secure
- usage: hire for work or assistance; "engage aid, help, services, or support"
- 9. lease, rent, hire, charter, engage, take, get, acquire
- usage: engage for service under a term of contract; "We took an apartment on a quiet street"; "Let's rent a car"; "Shall we take a guide in Rome?"
- 10. engage, mesh, lock, operate, move, displace
- usage: keep engaged; "engaged the gears"
- 1. engaging, piquant, attractive (vs. unattractive)
- usage: attracting or delighting; "an engaging frankness"; "a piquant face with large appealing eyes"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of engaging (Dictionary)