Synonyms of engrossed
- 1. steep, immerse, engulf, plunge, engross, absorb, soak up, concentrate, focus, center, centre, pore, rivet
- usage: devote (oneself) fully to; "He immersed himself into his studies"
- 2. absorb, engross, engage, occupy, interest
- usage: consume all of one's attention or time; "Her interest in butterflies absorbs her completely"
- 1. captive, absorbed, engrossed, enwrapped, intent, wrapped, attentive (vs. inattentive)
- usage: giving or marked by complete attention to; "that engrossed look or rapt delight"; "then wrapped in dreams"; "so intent on this fantastic...narrative that she hardly stirred"- Walter de la Mare; "rapt with wonder"; "wrapped in thought"
- 2. engrossed, written (vs. spoken)
- usage: written formally in a large clear script, as a deed or other legal document
All rights reserved.