WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. enlighten, edify, teach, learn, instruct
- usage: make understand; "Can you enlighten me--I don't understand this proposal"
- 2. enlighten, irradiate, prophesy, vaticinate
- usage: give spiritual insight to; in religion
- 3. clear, clear up, shed light on, crystallize, crystallise, crystalize, crystalise, straighten out, sort out, enlighten, illuminate, elucidate, clarify, clear up, elucidate
- usage: make free from confusion or ambiguity; make clear; "Could you clarify these remarks?"; "Clear up the question of who is at fault"
All rights reserved.
See also: enlighten (Dictionary)