Synonyms of enlightening
- 1. enlighten, edify, teach, learn, instruct
- usage: make understand; "Can you enlighten me--I don't understand this proposal"
- 2. enlighten, irradiate, prophesy, vaticinate
- usage: give spiritual insight to; in religion
- 3. clear, clear up, shed light on, crystallize, crystallise, crystalize, crystalise, straighten out, sort out, enlighten, illuminate, elucidate, clarify, clear up, elucidate
- usage: make free from confusion or ambiguity; make clear; "Could you clarify these remarks?"; "Clear up the question of who is at fault"
- 1. enlightening (vs. unenlightening), informative, illuminating
- usage: tending to increase knowledge or dissipate ignorance; "an enlightening glimpse of government in action"; "an illuminating lecture"
- 2. edifying (vs. unedifying), enlightening
- usage: enlightening or uplifting so as to encourage intellectual or moral improvement; "the paintings in the church served an edifying purpose even for those who could not read"
All rights reserved.