Synonyms of enter
- 1. enter, come in, get into, get in, go into, go in, move into
- usage: to come or go into; "the boat entered an area of shallow marshes"
- 2. enter, participate
- usage: become a participant; be involved in; "enter a race"; "enter an agreement"; "enter a drug treatment program"; "enter negotiations"
- 3. enroll, inscribe, enter, enrol, recruit, register
- usage: register formally as a participant or member; "The party recruited many new members"
- 4. figure, enter, be
- usage: be or play a part of or in; "Elections figure prominently in every government program"; "How do the elections figure in the current pattern of internal politics?"
- 5. record, enter, put down, save, preserve
- usage: make a record of; set down in permanent form
- 6. enter
- usage: come on stage
- 7. accede, enter, succeed, come after, follow, take office
- usage: take on duties or office; "accede to the throne"
- 8. insert, infix, enter, introduce, attach
- usage: put or introduce into something; "insert a picture into the text"
- 9. embark, enter, get down, begin, get, start out, start, set about, set out, commence
- usage: set out on (an enterprise or subject of study); "she embarked upon a new career"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of enter (Dictionary)