- 1. raise, erect, rear, set up, put up, construct, build, make
- usage: construct, build, or erect; "Raise a barn"
- 2. rear, erect, raise, lift, elevate, get up, bring up
- usage: cause to rise up
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. erect (vs. unerect), vertical, upright, erectile, fastigiate, orthostatic, passant(postnominal), rampant(postnominal), rearing, semi-climbing, semi-erect, semi-upright, standing(prenominal), stand-up, statant(postnominal), straight, unbent, unbowed
- usage: upright in position or posture; "an erect stature"; "erect flower stalks"; "for a dog, an erect tail indicates aggression"; "a column still vertical amid the ruins"; "he sat bolt upright"
- 2. tumid, erect, hard (vs. soft)
- usage: of sexual organs; stiff and rigid
All rights reserved.
See also: erect (Dictionary)