Synonyms of escaped
- 1. escape, get away, break loose, flee, fly, take flight
- usage: run away from confinement; "The convicted murderer escaped from a high security prison"
- 2. miss, escape, avoid
- usage: fail to experience; "Fortunately, I missed the hurricane"
- 3. get off, get away, get by, get out, escape, avoid
- usage: escape potentially unpleasant consequences; get away with a forbidden action; "She gets away with murder!"; "I couldn't get out from under these responsibilities"
- 4. elude, escape, perplex, vex, stick, get, puzzle, mystify, baffle, beat, pose, bewilder, flummox, stupefy, nonplus, gravel, amaze, dumbfound
- usage: be incomprehensible to; escape understanding by; "What you are seeing in him eludes me"
- 5. escape, get away, escape, get away, break loose
- usage: remove oneself from a familiar environment, usually for pleasure or diversion; "We escaped to our summer house for a few days"; "The president of the company never manages to get away during the summer"
- 6. scat, run, scarper, turn tail, lam, run away, hightail it, bunk, head for the hills, take to the woods, escape, fly the coop, break away, leave, go forth, go away
- usage: flee; take to one's heels; cut and run; "If you see this man, run!"; "The burglars escaped before the police showed up"
- 7. escape, issue, emerge, come out, come forth, go forth, egress
- usage: issue or leak, as from a small opening; "Gas escaped into the bedroom"
- 1. at large(predicate), escaped, loose, on the loose(predicate), free (vs. unfree)
- usage: having escaped, especially from confinement; "a convict still at large"; "searching for two escaped prisoners"; "dogs loose on the streets"; "criminals on the loose in the neighborhood"
All rights reserved.