Synonyms of establish
- 1. establish, set up, found, launch, open, open up
- usage: set up or found; "She set up a literacy program"
- 2. establish, found, plant, constitute, institute, initiate, pioneer
- usage: set up or lay the groundwork for; "establish a new department"
- 3. prove, demonstrate, establish, show, shew, confirm, corroborate, sustain, substantiate, support, affirm
- usage: establish the validity of something, as by an example, explanation or experiment; "The experiment demonstrated the instability of the compound"; "The mathematician showed the validity of the conjecture"
- 4. lay down, establish, make, make, create
- usage: institute, enact, or establish; "make laws"
- 5. establish, give, make, create
- usage: bring about; "The trompe l'oeil-illusion establishes depth"
- 6. install, instal, set up, establish
- usage: place; "Her manager had set her up at the Ritz"
- 7. build, establish, make, create
- usage: build or establish something abstract; "build a reputation"
- 8. establish, base, ground, found
- usage: use as a basis for; found on; "base a claim on some observation"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of establish (Dictionary)