Synonyms of esurient
- 1. famished, ravenous, sharp-set, starved, esurient, hungry (vs. thirsty)
- usage: extremely hungry; "they were tired and famished for food and sleep"; "a ravenous boy"; "the family was starved and ragged"; "fell into the esurient embrance of a predatory enemy"
- 2. avid, devouring(prenominal), esurient, greedy, desirous (vs. undesirous), wishful
- usage: (often followed by `for') ardently or excessively desirous; "avid for adventure"; "an avid ambition to succeed"; "fierce devouring affection"; "the esurient eyes of an avid curiosity"; "greedy for fame"
- 3. edacious, esurient, rapacious, ravening, ravenous, voracious, wolfish, gluttonous (vs. abstemious)
- usage: devouring or craving food in great quantities; "edacious vultures"; "a rapacious appetite"; "ravenous as wolves"; "voracious sharks"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of esurient (Dictionary)