Synonyms of evidence
- 1. evidence, grounds, information
- usage: your basis for belief or disbelief; knowledge on which to base belief; "the evidence that smoking causes lung cancer is very compelling"
- 2. evidence, indication, indicant
- usage: an indication that makes something evident; "his trembling was evidence of his fear"
- 3. evidence, information, info
- usage: (law) all the means by which any alleged matter of fact whose truth is investigated at judicial trial is established or disproved
- 1. attest, certify, manifest, demonstrate, evidence, testify, bear witness, prove, evidence, show
- usage: provide evidence for; stand as proof of; show by one's behavior, attitude, or external attributes; "His high fever attested to his illness"; "The buildings in Rome manifest a high level of architectural sophistication"; "This decision demonstrates his sense of fairness"
- 2. testify, bear witness, prove, evidence, show, inform
- usage: provide evidence for; "The blood test showed that he was the father"; "Her behavior testified to her incompetence"
- 3. tell, evidence, inform
- usage: give evidence; "he was telling on all his former colleague"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of evidence (Dictionary)