Synonyms of evil
- 1. evil, immorality, wickedness, iniquity, transgression, evildoing
- usage: morally objectionable behavior
- 2. evil, bad, badness
- usage: that which causes harm or destruction or misfortune; "the evil that men do lives after them; the good is oft interred with their bones"- Shakespeare
- 3. evil, evilness, immorality
- usage: the quality of being morally wrong in principle or practice; "attempts to explain the origin of evil in the world"
- 1. evil (vs. good), atrocious, flagitious, grievous, monstrous, bad, black, dark, sinister, corruptive, perversive, pestiferous, demonic, diabolic, diabolical, fiendish, hellish, infernal, satanic, unholy, despicable, ugly, vile, slimy, unworthy, worthless, wretched, devilish, diabolic, diabolical, mephistophelian, mephistophelean, evil-minded, bad, immoral, offensive, unrighteous, wicked, wrong
- usage: morally bad or wrong; "evil purposes"; "an evil influence"; "evil deeds"
- 2. evil, vicious, wicked (vs. virtuous)
- usage: having the nature of vice
- 3. malefic, malevolent, malign, evil, maleficent (vs. beneficent)
- usage: having or exerting a malignant influence; "malevolent stars"; "a malefic force"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of evil (Dictionary)