- 1. demand, exact, claim
- usage: claim as due or just; "The bank demanded payment of the loan"
- 2. claim, take, exact, necessitate, ask, postulate, need, require, take, involve, call for, demand
- usage: take as an undesirable consequence of some event or state of affairs; "the accident claimed three lives"; "The hard work took its toll on her"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. fastidious (vs. unfastidious), exacting
- usage: having complicated nutritional requirements; especially growing only in special artificial cultures; "fastidious microorganisms"; "certain highly specialized xerophytes are extremely exacting in their requirements"
- 2. stern, strict, exacting, demanding (vs. undemanding)
- usage: severe and unremitting in making demands; "an exacting instructor"; "a stern disciplinarian"; "strict standards"
- 3. exigent, exacting, demanding (vs. undemanding)
- usage: requiring precise accuracy; "an exacting job"; "became more exigent over his pronunciation"
All rights reserved.
See also: exacting (Dictionary)