WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. analyze, analyse, study, examine, canvass, canvas
- usage: consider in detail and subject to an analysis in order to discover essential features or meaning; "analyze a sonnet by Shakespeare"; "analyze the evidence in a criminal trial"; "analyze your real motives"
- 2. examine, see
- usage: observe, check out, and look over carefully or inspect; "The customs agent examined the baggage"; "I must see your passport before you can enter the country"
- 3. probe, examine, investigate, look into
- usage: question or examine thoroughly and closely
- 4. examine, question, query
- usage: question closely
- 5. test, prove, try, try out, examine, essay, evaluate, pass judgment, judge
- usage: put to the test, as for its quality, or give experimental use to; "This approach has been tried with good results"; "Test this recipe"
All rights reserved.
See also: examine (Dictionary)