WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. excavate, unearth, uncover, bring out, unveil, reveal
- usage: recover through digging; "Schliemann excavated Troy"; "excavate gold"
- 2. excavate, dig up, turn up, obtain
- usage: find by digging in the ground; "I dug up an old box in the garden"
- 3. excavate, hollow, hollow out, core out
- usage: form by hollowing; "Carnegie had a lake excavated for Princeton University's rowing team"; "excavate a cavity"
- 4. excavate, dig, hollow, remove, take, take away, withdraw
- usage: remove the inner part or the core of; "the mining company wants to excavate the hillside"
All rights reserved.
See also: excavate (Dictionary)