Synonyms of exchanged
- 1. exchange, change, interchange, transfer
- usage: give to, and receive from, one another; "Would you change places with me?"; "We have been exchanging letters for a year"
- 2. change, exchange, commute, convert, replace
- usage: exchange or replace with another, usually of the same kind or category; "Could you convert my dollars into pounds?"; "He changed his name"; "convert centimeters into inches"; "convert holdings into shares"
- 3. switch over, switch, exchange, change by reversal, turn, reverse
- usage: change over, change around, as to a new order or sequence
- 4. exchange, transfer, reassign
- usage: hand over one and receive another, approximately equivalent; "exchange prisoners"; "exchange employees between branches of the company"
- 5. substitute, replace, interchange, exchange, change, alter, modify
- usage: put in the place of another; switch seemingly equivalent items; "the con artist replaced the original with a fake Rembrandt"; "substitute regular milk with fat-free milk"; "synonyms can be interchanged without a changing the context's meaning"
- 6. commute, convert, exchange, change, alter, modify
- usage: exchange a penalty for a less severe one
- 1. exchanged, changed (vs. unchanged)
- usage: changed for (replaced by) something different
All rights reserved.