Synonyms of excise
- 1. excise, excise tax, indirect tax
- usage: a tax that is measured by the amount of business done (not on property or income from real estate)
- 1. strike, scratch, expunge, excise, delete, cancel
- usage: remove by erasing or crossing out or as if by drawing a line; "Please strike this remark from the record"; "scratch that remark"
- 2. excise, tax
- usage: levy an excise tax on
- 3. excise, cut out
- usage: remove by cutting; "The surgeon excised the tumor"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of excise (Dictionary)