- 1. exhaust, exhaust fumes, fumes, gas, waste, waste material, waste matter, waste product
- usage: gases ejected from an engine as waste products
- 2. exhaust, exhaust system, system
- usage: system consisting of the parts of an engine through which burned gases or steam are discharged
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. exhaust, wash up, beat, tucker, tucker out, tire, wear upon, tire out, wear, weary, jade, wear out, outwear, wear down, fag out, fag, fatigue
- usage: wear out completely; "This kind of work exhausts me"; "I'm beat"; "He was all washed up after the exam"
- 2. consume, eat up, use up, eat, deplete, exhaust, run through, wipe out, spend, expend, drop
- usage: use up (resources or materials); "this car consumes a lot of gas"; "We exhausted our savings"; "They run through 20 bottles of wine a week"
- 3. run down, exhaust, play out, sap, tire, consume, eat up, use up, eat, deplete, exhaust, run through, wipe out
- usage: deplete; "exhaust one's savings"; "We quickly played out our strength"
- 4. exhaust, empty
- usage: use up the whole supply of; "We have exhausted the food supplies"
- 5. exhaust, discharge, expel, eject, release
- usage: eliminate (a substance); "combustion products are exhausted in the engine"; "the plant releases a gas"
All rights reserved.
See also: exhaust (Dictionary)