Synonyms of existing
- 1. exist, be
- usage: have an existence, be extant; "Is there a God?"
- 2. exist, survive, live, subsist
- usage: support oneself; "he could barely exist on such a low wage"; "Can you live on $2000 a month in New York City?"; "Many people in the world have to subsist on $1 a day"
- 1. existing, present(prenominal) (vs. future) (vs. past)
- usage: presently existing; "the existing system"
- 2. existent (vs. nonexistent), existing, active, alive(predicate), extant
- usage: having existence or being or actuality; "an attempt to refine the existent machinery to make it more efficient"; "much of the beluga caviar existing in the world is found in the Soviet Union and Iran"
- 3. existing, present (vs. absent)
- usage: existing in something specified; "depletion of the oxygen existing in the bloodstream"
All rights reserved.