Synonyms of experiment
- 1. experiment, experimentation, scientific research, research project
- usage: the act of conducting a controlled test or investigation
- 2. experiment, experimentation, inquiry, enquiry, research
- usage: the testing of an idea; "it was an experiment in living"; "not all experimentation is done in laboratories"
- 3. experiment, venture
- usage: a venture at something new or different; "as an experiment he decided to grow a beard"
- 1. experiment, investigate, look into
- usage: to conduct a test or investigation; "We are experimenting with the new drug in order to fight this disease"
- 2. experiment, try out
- usage: try something new, as in order to gain experience; "Students experiment sexually"; "The composer experimented with a new style"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of experiment (Dictionary)