Synonyms of exploded
- 1. explode, detonate, blow up, set off, change integrity
- usage: cause to burst with a violent release of energy; "We exploded the nuclear bomb"
- 2. explode, burst, change integrity
- usage: burst outward, usually with noise; "The champagne bottle exploded"
- 3. explode, react, respond
- usage: show a violent emotional reaction; "The boss exploded when he heard of the resignation of the secretary"
- 4. explode, burst forth, break loose, change state, turn
- usage: be unleashed; emerge with violence or noise; "His anger exploded"
- 5. explode, destroy, ruin
- usage: destroy by exploding; "The enemy exploded the bridge"
- 6. explode, pronounce, articulate, enounce, sound out, enunciate, say
- usage: cause to burst as a result of air pressure; of stop consonants like /p/, /t/, and /k/
- 7. explode, condemn
- usage: drive from the stage by noisy disapproval
- 8. explode, disprove, confute
- usage: show (a theory or claim) to be baseless, or refute and make obsolete
- 9. detonate, explode, blow up
- usage: burst and release energy as through a violent chemical or physical reaction;"the bomb detonated at noon"; "The Molotov cocktail exploded"
- 10. explode, irrupt, increase
- usage: increase rapidly and in an uncontrolled manner; "The population of India is exploding"; "The island's rodent population irrupted"
- 1. exploded, unconnected (vs. connected)
- usage: showing the parts of something separated but in positions that show their correct relation to one another; "the manufacturer provided an exploded view of the apparatus"
All rights reserved.