Synonyms of extensive
- 1. extensive, extended, large (vs. small), big (vs. little)
- usage: large in spatial extent or range or scope or quantity; "an extensive Roman settlement in northwest England"; "extended farm lands"; "surgeons with extended experience"; "they suffered extensive damage"
- 2. across-the-board, all-embracing, all-encompassing, all-inclusive, blanket(prenominal), broad, encompassing, extensive, panoptic, wide, comprehensive (vs. noncomprehensive)
- usage: broad in scope or content; "across-the-board pay increases"; "an all-embracing definition"; "blanket sanctions against human-rights violators"; "an invention with broad applications"; "a panoptic study of Soviet nationality"- T.G.Winner; "granted him wide powers"
- 3. extensive (vs. intensive)
- usage: of agriculture; increasing productivity by using large areas with minimal outlay and labor; "producing wheat under extensive conditions"; "agriculture of the extensive type"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of extensive (Dictionary)