WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. extort, take
- usage: obtain through intimidation
- 2. extort, squeeze, rack, gouge, wring, overcharge, soak, surcharge, gazump, fleece, plume, pluck, rob, hook
- usage: obtain by coercion or intimidation; "They extorted money from the executive by threatening to reveal his past to the company boss"; "They squeezed money from the owner of the business by threatening him"
- 3. extort, wring from, obtain
- usage: get or cause to become in a difficult or laborious manner
All rights reserved.
See also: extort (Dictionary)