Synonyms of extract
- 1. infusion, extract, solution
- usage: a solution obtained by steeping or soaking a substance (usually in water)
- 2. excerpt, excerption, extract, selection, passage
- usage: a passage selected from a larger work; "he presented excerpts from William James' philosophical writings"
- 1. extract, pull out, pull, pull up, take out, draw out, remove, take, take away, withdraw
- usage: remove, usually with some force or effort; also used in an abstract sense; "pull weeds"; "extract a bad tooth"; "take out a splinter"; "extract information from the telegram"
- 2. extract, obtain
- usage: get despite difficulties or obstacles; "I extracted a promise from the Dean for two new positions"
- 3. educe, evoke, elicit, extract, draw out, interpret, construe, see
- usage: deduce (a principle) or construe (a meaning); "We drew out some interesting linguistic data from the native informant"
- 4. distill, extract, distil, make, create
- usage: extract by the process of distillation; "distill the essence of this compound"
- 5. extract, separate
- usage: separate (a metal) from an ore
- 6. press out, express, extract, get, acquire
- usage: obtain from a substance, as by mechanical action; "Italians express coffee rather than filter it"
- 7. excerpt, extract, take out, choose, take, select, pick out
- usage: take out of a literary work in order to cite or copy
- 8. extract, calculate, cipher, cypher, compute, work out, reckon, figure
- usage: calculate the root of a number
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of extract (Dictionary)